Opt-In forms let you embed amazing-looking lead generation forms right in your Medium or WordPress post. Collect readers' email address by offering them an opportunity to subscribe to your email list.
Creating an Opt-In Form with ContentUpgrade.me is very easy. Here's how it works:
- Login to your ContentUpgrade.me account. You can authenticate with Twitter, Facebook, or Google+.
- Click "Opt-Ins" in the sidebar.
- Click "Create New Opt-In". Our beautiful live editor will open, and you can click on any part of the form to edit it.
- Click on the title (it'll say "Untitled Opt-In Form") and give your form a title.
- Click in the body of the form to edit your offer text.
- You can edit the placeholder text for the email field - just click in the field and type the text that you'd like to appear to prompt readers to enter their email address
- Change the layout of the form by selecting a layout from the menu.
- If you choose one of the image layouts, you'll be able to upload an image to your form. Just click on the grey placeholder box, and then select your image from your computer. ContentUpgrade.me will automatically adjust the size and position of the image to fit any browser width, from mobile to large screens.
- Customize the button color by clicking on the color icon next to "Button Color". You'll see the button color update in real time.
- Click "Save & Embed"
Embed Your Form
- Now that you've created your opt-in form, you'll want to embed it on your website.
Customize Your Confirmation Email
By default, ContentUpgrade.me will send a confirmation email whenever someone fills out your form. You can turn off the confirmation email or edit the text of the email.
- Click on your Opt-In form, and then click "Confirmation Email".
- To turn off the confirmation email, click the slider button so that it turns from green to grey. To turn it back on, click the slider again so that it turns green.
- Enter the text that you'd like to appear in the email.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the window.