Embedding your lead magnet on your WordPress site is just as easy as embedding it on Medium.
You must install our WordPress plugin to ensure that your visitors will be able to submit your lead magnet form.
WordPress has a “whitelist” of embed providers that are allowed to accept user input (like submitting your lead magnet form). That whitelist is pretty short, and includes all the big cool kids like YouTube, Imgur, Flickr, etc. We’re not cool enough (yet) to be on that list. So while the embedded form will show up, if your subscribers try to submit the form nothing will happen (yikes!).
Here's how to install the WordPress plugin:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Plugins and click “Add New”.
- Search for “ContentUpgrade.me”.
- Click “Install Now”.
- Activate the plugin.
After you've installed the ContentUpgrade.me WordPress plugin, the steps for embedding a lead magnet are the same as with Medium.
- Go to ContentUpgrade.me and click on your lead magnet.
- Click “Embed”.
- Click the little “clipboard” icon next to the URL. That’ll copy the URL to your computer’s clipboard.
- Open up your article in WordPress.
- Put your cursor at the spot where you want the lead magnet form to appear (a new line is usually best).
- Paste the URL (in Windows press Ctrl+V, on a Mac press Command+V, or right-click with your mouse and choose Paste).
- Watch the URL magically transform into your lead magnet.
You can use this same lead magnet on multiple posts, and even in multiple places in the same post.